Thursday, September 30, 2010

im short on time so I will come back later tonight with more sentiment...

BUT 12 WEEKS!  We did it! We Did it! WE DID ITTTT!!!

AND NOW FOR MY REFLECTION:

I was told buy more than one person that at the 12 week mark, breastfeeding becomes, well, normal. Second nature. Easy. Enjoyable. Part of you. I was loathe to believe this and I admit that openely. After all, how could we possibly become harmonious after so many troubles? How could this baby ever be happy at my breast, especially when he know that I am unable to provide his nutriton 100%? Well I was wrong. Almost as if it were magic, we have finally found a rythmn together that cannot be broken.

If you remember me posting about a month back or so... I was asking (in vain) where were these magical tender moments everyone kept talking about? Where he looks into my eyes, and I look into his, and we both smile softly.... you get the picture! We GOT that.

If you remember me posting about a month back or so... WHY am I doing this? WHY am I forcing breastfeeding if it is obviously NOT working??  It works now. And I know why I am doing it. And so does  he.

If you remember me posting about a month back or so...  Im just gonna go until I dry up. I can't keep up with this. My Breasts are broken.  They are not broken! And I am not dryed up! In fact, I am making more and more milk every day (only 13 oz supplement yesterday!)

If you remember me posting about a month back or so... If you read any of it at all... then there is no question about the true MIRACLE it is that I am posting about this.

I want to thank so many people for their help. I know, its not the Academy Awards LOL. But I want to give credit where it is due.

1. My Lord Jesus, who through all things gives me strength.
2. My Best friend Deidre... I love we are taking this journey together!
3. My Husband... who has NEVER ONCE suggested that we give up. Depsite the troubles and emotions, he stood by us every second. Amazing Man.
4. The ORG girls... you know who you are. Every single one of you. Every ((hug)) every tiny sentiment has been one more rung on our ladder to success. I could not have done it without you.
5. BFAR/Low Milk Supply website, book and Forums. Having the chance to connect with women who were in the same unique position was a joy indeed. Our troubles tend to be amplified, and it was nice to have that extra bit of support for our situations.
6. My boys... who sat patiently waiting for snacks and juice and all the things they needed. Who may have wanted to, but never made faces while I have had my boob whipped out. For ushering the neighbor kids away from the door, lol. My sweet boys.

7. And most important... Dalton. You could have given up a LONG time ago. I am still amazed that you didn't. In those early days when you were exhausted just by trying to latch on, starving, upset... you never said no to my efforts. When all the "experts" said you would be confused by the bottle, and spoiled by the formula... you proved them wrong!!! My Baby Boy, I thank you.

It is a miraculous and wonderful day today!

1 Comment:

  1. Katie said...
    Congrats!!

Post a Comment