Friday, September 3, 2010

Yeah so the last couple of days Right has been sore, but I thought it was just from trying those new latch positions. Ha. I was wrong. Yesterday I noticed the pain was really intensifying. The last feed before bedtime was extremely painful. When he woke up at 2 am, I latched him on and OMG the pain was simply unbearable. I dealt with it for about 5 minutes then unlatched him and gave him so formula. I went to investigate, and saw the dread white spot on my nip. DREAD I say. I couldn't feel any lumps at the surface, but pain+bump=plugged duct.

So I got a washcloth and set out to unplug that sucker. From 2:30 to 4 am I did hot moist compress then pump. Over and over. I was freezing and exhausted and went back to bed, still plugged.

Dalton woke up at 5:30 and I really had not slept well at all. I was deathly afraid to latch him on (even tough I know nursing is the only remedy!) I gave him another bottle. I just was not mentally prepared for the pain.

And of course, he was up at 6:30 again like he is every morning! I latched him on, OMG OMG OMG OMG. I was BAWLING. Tears were running faster then the milk. I think I scared Andy. So I let him nurse, and I think it was about 7 minutes? I dunno, it was so painful I felt nauseous. Thankfully he passed back out after his snack... I don't know If I could have gone another second longer.

So I got my hot washcloth and did some hand expression, there IS milk coming out of that duct! PRAISE GOD!!  The bump is still there much more pronounced then it was... so Lord willing I will have this thing unplugged by the end of the day. I pumped for 15 minutes and got 1 oz (which is really good for after a feed) so I think that the duct is still in working order. I watched milk pouring out of it. Now to just get that plug out!!!!My breast still hurts, but not as bad... I am going to nurse and pump and nurse and pump ALL day long. Praying that Everit is content today, and Dalton is willing to be on the boob for that long.

And another thing.. what is with this fussing at the breast? The pulling? The talking? I admit it is funny to hear him mumble, lol... but I am ready for him to be calm at the boob again. Please someone tell me he will not be jerking around for the rest our our BF time.

Ahha... Maybe this is God's way of getting me back on a pumping schedule, lol. "JOEE!!  THOU SHALT PUMP! THOU SHALT PUUUMP!"  EHheee... like the Lord has time to worry about my pumping schedule! LOLOLOL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment