Monday, August 30, 2010

YAWN...

Tired. Ugh. Long night with the tiny. I don't know if it was because he took a late nap, or is going through a growth spurt or what, be he had me up every hour on the hour last night. We got one 3 hour stretch, from 9 to midnight. But I didn't get to bed till 10, so it was a mere 2hours for me. Blech.

Anyhoo, nothing much changed on the BF front. It is still a struggle, he is still not satisfied from me, and that's that. I have decided to have Doc check for tongue tie tomorrow at his 2 month appointment. I know he has the tight upper frenulum, but perhaps more anatomical issues as well. Reading my Low Milk Supply book it sounds like he may also have a high pallet, which isn't any trouble in real life, but makes it hard to stay latched. I hope there is something that can be done. At this point, even if the dopmeridone works, what good is a full supply if your baby cannot stay latched long enough to take it? And no, that damn medicine hasn't gotten here yet :(

So yeah, I need to get back to pumping. I know I  keep saying that lol... but I haven't managed to do it yet. Its just such a hectic timing issue. Because Dalton has NO predictable daytime sleep OR eating schedule, I have no way of knowing when is a "safe" time to pump. Not to mention, the 3,000,000 other things I have to do in a day. I can feed him till hes full, he will fall asleep, and he may be up in 2 hours, or 2 minutes. I never know. And he can take 4 oz of formula and BF, and It can be less than an hour before he's screaming for more food. I don't give him formula unless he has at least attempted to BF first. He always gets milk from me... I just have no way of knowing how much. Nor do I know if he is really hungry afterwards, or just being a fuss. Even after 2 months he's a bit difficult to read when it comes to hunger signs. So, trying to throw a pump in can be very tough.

I think what I may do is pick 2 consecutive days...if I can find them, and pump my brains out with power pumping. I need to get my WIC checks first though so I have ample formula on hand. I only have 1/2 can that HAS to last until Wednesday or we are screwed. I don't dare try to pump and BF just yet... as it takes my breasts about 12 hours to adjust to pumping. And I really do not know how low my supply has gone these last 2 weeks. I can't take the chance of running out of food for my little guy.

At least on Thursday we can celebrate 2 months of breastfeeding!!!  Not full, wonderful, breastfeeding. Hard, frustrating, heartbreaking, mind numbing breastfeeding. But we are still at it. And every single day he has received my milk. Every single day. Go me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment