Monday, November 15, 2010

A new attitude!

So I have posted here and there about the sleeping troubles.... it has been a month since Dalton last slept through the night. Meaning, for four week he has been up nearly every hour on the hour. And he wants to nurse constantly... all night long. I was getting to the point that I was with Everit. Insane, angry, bitter. And I didn't want to be there anymore. So i was reading on of my favorite breastfeeding books and I am so glad I sought out the sleeping section. It reminded me of the following:

1. Babies don't sleep like adults.

2. I can and will function on little sleep.

3. When deciding to be a breastfeeding Mom I vowed to appreciate every good BF session. EVEN IF THEY ALL HAPPEN AT NIGHT.

4. The only thing that I can control is MY attitude towards it.

So last night I decided that there was to be no more resentment. I let go of my resentment and fear from when Everit was a baby. I let go of my current. I let go of it all and told myself to appreciate every quiet moment with my little baby boy. He is my last child. I will never again in my life have another opportunity to nurse a baby, to wake up with a baby, to be a Mommy to someone who needs me more than anything. And an amazing thing happened. I slept sounder than I have in months. Did he still wake up every hour? yup. And we nursed all night long. But I woke up refreshed and feeling fine.

What an amazing difference. Thank you Lord for showing me the way to that page in that book... it has changed my life for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment