Sunday, February 7, 2010

The POWER OF PRAYER!!!

I am going to testify to this today!

Oh Friday I woke up with a terrible pain in my side. Not usually alarming for a pregnancy, as everything seems to hurt. However, it was the exact pain I had felt on the Day we discovered Taylin had gone to heaven. I was hysterical, naturally.

I laid down, tried to relax. Did a few stretches to see if maybe it was muscle pain. Nothing would help. I took a deep breath and called my doc, who told me to come in. I called Andy and got the boys ready to rock. In the inbetweens I posted on Facebook and Pregnancy.ORG to my friends and family to please pray. I prayed...I prayed all the way there...I prayed in the waiting room. I cried. And I prayed.

Finally the doc comes in. I explain whats going on, and he wastes NO time putting that doppler on my belly.... PRAISE GOD IN HEAVEN. It was an immediate strong heartbeat in the 150's. I burst out in tears of joy. The sweetest sound I have ever heard in my life.

So Doc and I are both confused on what caused it. He was concerned of my gallbladder, but I still don't have one symptom indicating anything is wrong. By the time I got home, that pain was gone. GONE. Just a residual ache and tenderness was all.

So here is the amazing part: I get home and pop onto the interwebz to announce the good news. There must have been 30 or more posts!!! Everyone saying prayers and good vibes and hopes for a good outcome. I think I cried harder than I have in a very long time.

And it hit me then. The POWER of prayer. The immense, undeniable power. I felt peace then. And, like magic, this little baby was wiggling around all afternoon. Comfort, peace, and an amazingly acute realization that PRAYER is the most powerful tool we have as People today.

Thank you to all who prayed for us that day. And for praying for everything that you pray for. Sometimes I do not remember that one tiny little voice can make a difference in the scheme of things. And then something like this happens, and you have no choice but to understand.

GOD IS GOOD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment